Arlington, Washington (January 6, 2024) – The H1 Unlimited Hydroplane Series celebrated its 2023 season champions and highlights at Saturday night’s banquet, which took place at Angel of the Winds Casino Resort in Arlington, Washington.
The 2023 H1 Unlimited Bill Muncey High Points Championship driver, J. Michael Kelly, who competed for Beacon Electric and Strong Racing was celebrated by the series along with the team national championship for the U-8 boat for Strong Racing for owners Darryl and Vanessa Strong.
In addition to celebrating the series champions, H1 Unlimited also honored the yearlong award winners:
- H1 Unlimited Crew of the Year – U-40, Bucket List Racing, Flav-R-Pac
- H1 Unlimited Crew Chief of the Year – Jeff Campbell, Strong Racing, Beacon Plumbing and Beacon Electric
- H1 Unlimited Owners of the Year – Scott and Shannon Raney, Legend Yacht Transport presented by the Old Cannery Furniture Warehouse and the Truss Company
- H1 Unlimited Race Site of the Year – The Lake Guntersville Hydrofest in Alabama
- H1 Unlimited Sponsor of the Year – Beacon Plumbing
- H1 Unlimited Volunteer of the Year – Steve Compton, Technical Inspector
- H1 Unlimited Rookie of the Year – Bobby King, U-12, Graham Trucking
- H1 Unlimited Most Improved Team – U-11, Legend Yacht Transport presented by the Old Cannery Furniture Warehouse and the Truss Company
A special award for outstanding contribution was also presented during the awards ceremony. Bill Cahill from Beacon Plumbing was honored with this year’s award based on not only Beacon’s involvement as a sponsor, but also their involvement within the Seattle market and their continued support of highly visible charities such as Ronald McDonald House. Beacon Plumbing also has sponsorship agreements with the Seattle Seahawks, Mariners and Seafair.
For more information on H1 Unlimited and to view the 2024 schedule, visit www.h1unlimited.com.